Dear World

Do all creative people who work a regular job feel this way or is it only me?


Dear World,
I am terribly sick of my current business dealings. It has withered my soul to interact with the likes of which that I have. No spirit of pure or joy of heart lie in those of which I am entangled. I yearn for the freedom of expression that I so desperately seek. It crashes and ebbs within me, like the tide in the moonlight, with pure overwhelming desire to be released. To be set free to run among the wildflowers and snowie mountains of my mind. I face the day, not as I should, with excitement at the possibilities of what the dawn may bring, but with a heavy heart - a weight under which I slowly drown, stifled breath by stifled breath. But I will for another day solder on and do what I must. I will for another day, work to become just one tiny bit closer to the freedom of expression I desire. I will yet one more night, express my emotional bondage through my art so that one day, one day soon, I will wake on a business day with giddy anticipation and awe of the chance to spend the day fufling my staggering hunger to create beauty where there once was only raw materials and inclination. What a glorious day that will be.

Signed,
An artist in the business world

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And for the men...